Many students love to write essays about what schools and universities should be like: this is a unique opportunity to voice their opinions about what makes part of their lives without going to a rally. Unfortunately, having a lot to say might play against you this time, as you risk writing an essay that lacks focus and thus has doom chances for an A. Here are some great essay topics on education that will help you choose your focus and write an excellent paper.
1. Can online education be compatible with a traditional one?
2. Is homeschooling compatible with/better than traditional schooling?
3. Should parents have an active role in the education of their children?
4. Does the use of computers/technology benefit the educational process?
5. Should students be allowed to use computers and tablets in classes?
6. Should video games be used in education?
7. Should students be required to wear a uniform?
8. Are single-sex classes better than mixed ones?
9. Does the class size affect the effectiveness of a teacher?
10. Should students’ knowledge be assessed with the help of exams and tests?
11. Should students be sent to the next grade even if they have not passed the current one?
12. Should students get more or less homework than they currently do?
13. Should grades exist?
14. Is higher education worth its value?
15. Should a foreign language be a compulsory subject at school?
16. How school promotes patriotism and if it should (see arguments and review of quality sources in the article on patriotism essay)
17. Should students be taught typing instead of writing?
18. Should there be parenting classes at school or university?
19. Should physical education be a compulsory subject? Should the language of coding be a compulsory subject?
20. Should students have sex education classes?
21. Should students be taught the personal lives of the prominent people of the past or their accomplishments only? (Alternatively, Should teachers silence negative traits, deeds, or habits of national heroes?)
22. Should there be a compulsory education funded by the state?
23. Should higher education be funded by the state?
24. Should athletic scholarships exist?
25. Should homeschooling be controlled by the state?
26. Should teachers’ proficiency be regularly tested?
27. Should schools be accountable for poor achievements of students?
28. Should the state better invest in small classes or bonuses for the teachers working in large ones?
29. Should school menus be regulated?
30. Should students’ free speech be restricted on campus? Review of credible sources on the topic.
31. Should there be any regulation of cyberbullying?
32. Should guns be allowed at schools/on campus?
33. Should teachers or security personnel be armed?
34. Should schools be allowed to test students on drugs?
35. Should attendance/in-class performance record affect the course grade?
36. Should schools regulate what students bring for their lunches?
37. Should beauty contests be allowed at school?
38. Should public prayers or discussions of religion be banned at school?
Essay topics on education are the best choice in case you have to write an essay containing examples from your own experience or personal stories.
You may choose to write on the issue you have already formed an opinion about. This way, the essay will help you demonstrate your views on education policies or practices and make a stand for or against them.
However, do not skip the issues you have never thought of. When choosing a topic, consider not what you consider easy to write about, but what will be interesting to read about. Choosing an “easy” topic may turn out to be a wrong track as you may have difficulties finding credible sources to support your views.